DETAILS: DRESS | BLAZER | SHOES (SIMILAR HERE) | CHANEL CLASSIC FLAP | SUNNIES
We all get in a style rut every once in a while. You know what I’m talking about..that one tee shirt you always grab, or that trusty pair of shoes you wear with every outfit (I’m a personal offender on both). The best way to get out of that funk is to push yourself style wise.
According to NYFW, PFW, and articles like this one, bold is the new black. (Also, Kate Hudson in polkadots is a MOMENT and I’m loving it.) So here’s a couple tips and tricks on how to wear bold patterns without looking like you got dressed in the dark:
- Don’t be afraid to mix patterns. Plaid and polkadots CAN go together if you’re brave enough!
- Play with colors. Ease yourself into it with primary colors to start. As you get more confident you can get funky and have fun! Zara has some really beautiful colors, like the marigold one I listed below. 👇
- Don’t over accessorize. Let the prints/patterns speak for themselves!
- Keep your makeup neutral and clean. If you want to elevate your look for a night out, opt for a red lip or a chunky earring. Something that says “I did this on purpose”!
- Wear a simple clutch or handbag.
- Be CONFIDENT! Have you ever seen someone wearing a completely wacky outfit but somehow it just works? It’s because they feel good in it! Be that girl!
Below are a few more variations of this look:
XX, Eden Kate